Friday, February 13, 2009

its official!

i got an internship working at a fashion showroom in soho for the fall semester! i'm so excited, its like i'm actually on my way to to my dreams. sounds over-the-top, but sometimes i feel like there are just as many aspiring young fashion designers in new york as there are aspiring young actors in l.a... which is why i'm studying psychology.
but yes!! starting next fall, i'm going to be in on the meetings with both designers and boutiques/department stores, helping with clothing samples, matching outfits, sending pieces to magazines and stylists... and filing, a whole crap load of filing. i was so pleased i bought this pair of gorgeous Cynthia Vincent (professional) pumps for 75% off.
SUCH a good day.
i also found these gorgeous shoes that are officially on my "to complete me:" list.


left- aldo maune pumps; right- dodie wedge (bone) heels

to celebrate: here are some of my favorites RTW so far:

both John Bartlett's and Antonio Azzuolo's entire collections for men. i usually have very little interest/patience for men's fashion, but these two collections are so full with personality-infused silhouettes and styles i wish would be modified for a bust line. it's probably the strong hipster influences in the two collections that really caught my eye (as much as i hate to admit it).


John Bartlett, RTW fall 2009.
(and i suddenly wish my boyfriend wore glasses)



Antonio Azzuolo fall 2009 RTW
the line that really caught my eye was Wren's (a newish l.a. based designer). her previous lines have kinda been "eh" for me. her looks never really went above and beyond corporate apparel before- but these looks in her fall 2009 line are adorable! i love the spunk and the color. more outfits with personality!

wren RTW fall 2009
this last one is my favorite, by far. it's such a good example of both aesthetic and functional fashion.

i hope your days were just as lovely as mine
-jen

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the internship! I love shoes, especially the cream wedges - to die for. The menswear pics are totally inspiring, I'm always borrowing clothes from the boys section, and wren's collection definitely has a personality. The color combos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't guys dress like this? SERIOUSLY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i love it all.
    i'm secretly obsessed with good menswear.

    ReplyDelete